K Building, Room 2.16
Office hours: by appointment
+49 6341 280 34 214
Research interests Publications & conference contributions Teaching Vita
- Models of Personality Structure
- Dark Factor of Personality
- Dimensional Models of Personality Disorders
- Trust in Automation & Interpersonal Trust
- Commonalities & Differences
- Influences of states and traits
- Structural equation modeling (SEM)
- Mediation & Moderation analysis
Papers (peer reviewed)
- Horsten, L. K., Thielmann, I., Moshagen, M., Zettler, I., Scholz, D., & Hilbig, B. E.(in press). Testing the equivalence of the aversive core of personality and a blend of Agreeableness(-related) items. Journal of Personality. https://doi.org/10.1111/jopy.12830
- Kraus, J., & Miller, L., Klumpp, M., Babel, F., Scholz, D., Merger J., & Baumann, M (in press). On the Role of Beliefs and Trust for the Intention to Use Service Robots: An Integrated Trustworthiness Beliefs Model for Robot Acceptance. Journal of Social Robotics.
- Scholz, D. D., Hilbig, B. E., Thielmann, I., Moshagen, M. & Zettler, I. (2022). Beyond (low) Agreeableness: Towards a more comprehensive understanding of antagonistic psychopathology. Journal of personality. Vorab-Onlinepublikation. https://doi.org/10.1111/jopy.12708
- Kraus, J., Scholz, D., & Baumann, M. (2020). What’s Driving Me? Exploration and Validation of a Hierarchical Personality Model for Trust in Automated Driving. Human factors, 63(6), 1076-1105.
- Kraus, J., Scholz, D., Messner, E. M., Messner, M., & Baumann, M. (2020). Scared to Trust?–Predicting Trust in Highly Automated Driving by Depressiveness, Negative Self-Evaluations and State Anxiety. Frontiers in Psychology, 10, 2917.
- Kraus, J., Scholz, D. , Stiegemeier, D., & Baumann, M. (2019).The more you know: trust dynamics and calibration in highly automated driving and the effects of take-overs, system malfunction, and system transparency. Human factors, 62(5), 718-736.
- Scholz, D., Kraus, J. & Miller, L. (2022). Comparing the structure of Propensity to Trust in Human-Human and Human-Technology interaction. Tagung experimentell arbeitender Psycholog:innen (Conference of Experimental Psychologists; TEAP), 20-23 March 2022 in Cologne, Germany
- Scholz, D., Hilbig, B. E., Thielmann, I., Moshagen, M., & Zettler, I. (2021). The Differential Roles of Agreeableness, Honesty Humility and the Dark Factor of Personality for Antagonistic Psychopathology. Biennial Conference of the German Psychological Society - Personality Psychology and Psychological Diagnostics (DPPD) Section, 12-15 September 2021 in Ulm, Germany
- Kraus, J. M., Nothdurft, F., Hock, P., Scholz, D., Minker, W., & Baumann, M. (2016). Human After All: Effects of Mere Presence and Social Interaction of a Humanoid Robot as a Co-Driver in Automated Driving. Adjunct Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications, 129-134.
- Scholz, D. The dark factor of personality as a common basis for aversive maladaptive traits. SMiP Fall Retreat, 25-26 November 2022.
- Scholz, D. Beyond (low) Agreeableness: A closer view on antagonistic psychopathology. Online SMiP-IOPS Conference, 08-09 June 2021.
- Winter 2022/23: Justifying beliefs for "dark" personality tendencies - Part II" (lab-tutorial & methods course; level: B.Sc., language: German)
- Summer 2022: Justifying beliefs for "dark" personality tendencies - Part I" (lab-tutorial & methods course; level: B.Sc., language: German)
- Summer 2021: Cognitive psychology (seminar; level: B.Sc., language: German; online)
- Summer 2019: Statistic tutor for the lecture “Evaluation” by Morten Moshagen (tutorial; level: M.Sc., language: German; University of Ulm)
- Eine Untersuchung der zugrundeliegenden Persönlichkeitseigenschaften der Paranoiden Persönlichkeitsstörung: Der dunkle Kern der Persönlichkeit vs. Antagonismus
- Analyse der Moderation/Mediation des Zusammenhangs von D und dem Herabsetzen von Paarungsrivalen durch Grundüberzeugungen
Education / Degrees
- 2017-2019: M.Sc. Psychology, University of Ulm (advisors: Martin Baumann, Morten Moshagen)
- 2014-2017: B.Sc. Psychology, University of Ulm (advisor: Martin Baumann)
Research and academic experience
- 2022: Lab visit at the University of Copenhagen (Department of Psychology)
- Since 2020: Ph.D. Student at the Research Training Group "Statistical Modeling in Psychology" (advisor: Benjamin E. Hilbig)
- Since 2020: Research assistant at the Experimental Psychology & Personality Lab (RPTU Kaiserslautern-Landau)
- 2018: Visiting Student at the Tokyo Institute of Technology supported by the PROMOS Scholarship Programme
- 2016-2019: Student assistant at the department of Human Factors (University of Ulm)
- 2015-2019: Student assistant at the department of Clinical and Health Psychology (University of Ulm)
Award, grants, and scholarships
- 2022: Open Science Award (Gold) of the Open Science Commission, Department of Psychology, University of Koblenz-Landau
- 2018: PROMOS Scholarship for a master thesis, DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), University of Ulm
Personality and Mental Health